Discover how you can keep living the life you love—wherever you choose.
Whether you or your family member lives in a house, condominium, apartment or assisted living, there are many benefits to remaining in a familiar home. It’s a place filled with memories, familiar routines and valued personal possessions. There may be financial advantages to remaining in your family home or apartment. No matter your age, you may recognize the need for professional support and guidance to assist you in creating a safe, organized and secure environment for now and the future. Aging In Place Solutions can provide the help you need through personalized, professional consultations, recommendations and individualized assistance. And I’ll do it all with a caring and empathetic approach that’s creative, collaborative and cost effective.
^ Back to top.
Get as much help—or as little—as you need at an affordable price.
When it comes to aging in place, everybody has different needs—and I can help you with all of them as part of a complete program or on a-la-carte basis, including:
- Needs Assessment and Recommendations—Assess clients’ needs, goals, values, interests and abilities and recommend strategies, equipment, exercises and community resources for mobility, leisure, organization and self care needs. Match abilities with meaningful daily activity at home or in the community.
- Home Safety Assessments
- Home Modification Coordination—Identify a contractor who can do the necessary modifications and oversee the process.
- Client or Caregiver Education—Show you or a caregiver the best ways to be safe and secure a while maintaining maximum function in the home.
- Fall Prevention Education—Injuries from falls are a major public health problem. I can review strategies for staying on your feet and minimizing injuries.
- Product and Professional Recommendations —Provide sources to purchase useful everyday products and adaptive equipment for self care and leisure and access other helpful community professionals.
- Interactive and Fun Presentations For Groups
- Consultations for Professional Groups and Facilities
Are you new to town? Do you and your parents live in different cities?
Get personalized help for yourself or a family member from an experienced health care professional with local connections.
Nancy Rosenberg, OTR/L, MLA
While the concept of Aging in Place has become popular recently, it’s something I’ve been involved with for some time. During my thirty years of work as a Licensed Occupational Therapist at Sinai Hospital, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Easter Seals and Genesis Healthcare, I have devoted myself to helping people regain the ability to do day-to-day tasks.
With a strong mental health background and experience in rehabilitation, assisted living and community settings, I focus on engaging with each person in order to assist them in identifying their needs,reaching their goals, maintaining their valued roles and participating in their interests and activities.
Today I’m making my varied background and extensive experience available to Baltimore area individuals, families and professional caregivers and professionals. People who are looking for the kind of individualized assistance, guidance and professional evaluations that will help them or a loved one keep living the life they love. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s talk.
^ Back to top.
Aging in Place Marketplace
I am pleased to share with you a collection of products/companies that will make your life easier and help you or your family members in performing Activities of Daily Living, Homemaking, Organization, Leisure and Community Activities.
Let’s Talk About Aging in Place Blog
- Improve Your Balance for Health , Safety and Continued Fun - Knowing about my interest in all topics related to healthy aging, my sister shared the following article about balance from the Wall Street Journal with me. The article provides a great description of how our motor and sensory systems work together to keep us upright when we encounter challenging surfaces and environmental obstacles. It includes
- Is your senior relative moving ? - Hi friends, Do you have a relative who is planning to or who has already moved into a Senior Apartment, a Continuing Care Retirement Community or Assisted Living setting? Are they planning to stay in the family home? Or are they moving in with you? I would like to suggest that you take a look
- “Life’s Simple 7″ from the American Heart Association - Although I’d rather not be the bearer of bad news, I feel that I should summarize and share some very important health information that I received via my one my OT newsletters. In short, as reported in the latest American Heart Association’s statistical update , more Americans are dying from Heart Disease and Stroke than
- Becoming CAPS Certified by The National Association of Homebuilders - Hi friends, I am excited to report that I recently completed coursework to become CAPS certified by the National Association of Homebuilders. The courses include: Business Management, Marketing, Aging in Place and Accessibility. I’ve been interested in this topic for a long time. A person’s living environment can make all the difference in terms of
- Holiday gift giving ideas - Hi everyone. I’ve been thinking about some unique and thoughtful gifts to give our relatives and ourselves this year. So let’s get right to it: FOR ACHING FEET: If your relative has been having foot problems and you can spring for a gift certificate to a specialty shoe store like Comfort One Shoes, Rockport or
- Holiday gifts for parents and grandparents - Hi friends, The holidays are fast approaching and I’ve been giving some thought to some fun, helpful and meaningful gifts for parents or grandparents. I think you might agree that some of these ideas will apply to anyone on your list.. Let me start by saying that everyone is an individual. And people do age
Got an aging-in-place problem?
Contact me for a caring solution.
Or feel free to call me at 443‑463‑3311(c) or 410‑205‑2744(w)